Yesterday, TriplePoint client Livio Radio announced the release of their new iPhone app called Livio Car Internet Radio, which was developed, as you might have guessed, specifically to be used when driving in a car.
The app makes use of the RadioTime radio service to bring users their choice of over 42,000 AM/FM internet-only radio stations. The app can be thought of as an extension of your car’s in-dash radio, in that it contains a set of six preset buttons, and you’ll be able to browse stations by genre, location or language, in order to customize your listening experience. You’ll be able to use your GPS location to track local stations, and listen to them in digital quality.
Because no app is complete without social features, you’ll be able to share your favorite stations with your friends via Twitter.
“This application completely changes how users interact with their car radios, expanding the car antenna worldwide,” said Bill Moore, RadioTime’s founder and CEO, via a company press release. “We’re able to provide users a world of choices spanning AM/FM, and Internet-only stations, and Livio has made the process just as easy as tuning the traditional car radio dial.”
- Livio Car Internet Radio iPhone App Contest – Win Premium Version for Free
- Livio Goes Free & Get a Free $10 iTunes Gift Card with Bloody Hell Launch Deal – iPhone App News
- SpotON Radio Will Spot You Some Spotify Selections
- SpotON Radio is Spotted on the App Store
- Radio Flare Redux Now Available on the iTunes App Store