The next installment in the LittleBigPlanet franchise comes with some rather advanced techniques and appears to be taking the next big step in the user creation area. According to rumor, the next issue of Game Informer will feature LittleBigPlanet 2 with its new game creator.
The rumor suggests that LittleBigPlanet 2 will have players creating new game types that include “shooters, racers, puzzle games, Space Invaders clones, and even RPGs.” Apparently a developer with Media Molecule created a Command & Conquer clone using the tools within the game.
Besides creating new game types, the editor will also allow you to create HUD items, sounds, and new enemies with unique AI. The ability seems endless, and seems to possibly include creating cutscenes and short films as well.
Sounds like the game should prove interesting in the upcoming months. Hopefully we’ll see more of it at E3 next month.
- LittleBigPlanet 2 To Feature Electronic Music…Wait, LittleBigPlanet 2?!
- LittleBigPlanet is now Two Million Levels Strong
- Android App News: Time for TIME Mobile, Live Wallpaper, Aol’s New Suite
- Casual Connect Round-Up: WildTangent Announces Games Service, REALNetworks Partners With Live Gamer
- Hardcore and Back Again: Video Games in a Nutshell