It was inevitable, too many tinkering folks were going to want to play with some extra settings on their iPad and create more robust apps without Apple’s arbitrary limitations. Well, now the Jailbreak for the iPad has been released now allowing you to install and run unapproved apps on your device.
As you probably know by now, the Apple App store is completely locked-down and requires very strict guidelines to be followed in order to be approved on the store. Those who jailbreak their iPhones and iPads are essentially looking for apps that will perform tasks not usually allowed from Apple.
According to ReadWriteWeb, the apps people generally install and run on their jailbroken devices make it so you can customize just about everything on their devices from the homescreen to icons. Also, a jailbreak will allow users to multitask without the need for version 4.0 of the iPhone OS. So, essentially there is an app for just about everything, including the much requested tethering, assuming you want to take the necessary steps to jailbreak.
ReadWriteWeb was kind enough to include some steps to Jailbreak your phone, and you’re welcome to read them there. However, I must warn you that THIS WILL VOID ANY APPLE WARRANTY. I have also attached a video below showing you how to do this exact task.
- Slide to Jailbreak Your iPhone 4, Droid Getting Android 2.2 This Week, Your Phone As A Credit Card: Mobile Monday Madness!
- Kindle Launches Games & Apple Fixing iPhone Jailbreak Hole – Mobile News
- Sourcebits Launches iPad Lab, Diligently Developing Super Apps for iPad Retail Launch
- iPad, iPhone App Stores Split in iTunes
- Apple Tablet is Official: The iPad