Despite the news spotted on Pocket Gamer this morning that Mirror’s Edge for the iPhone would be missing its January release date, I’m still keeping the faith. Though the original console title took a few missteps, EA’s dystopian rooftop runner still provided an engaging theme, and it’s already been proven that the game and its world can work quite well as a third-person platformer. So, we’ll just have to wait until “early 2010″ to sprint, slide, and soar through Faith’s world, fighting the good fight on our touch screens.
Honestly, based on the videos and early reviews of this adaptation, I’m prepared to enjoy it more than the original. Any sequels that Mirror’s Edge might see on consoles would do well to take some notes from her small-screen versions.
- Rabbit Run Pro & Mirror’s Edge: iPhone Game Reviews
- iPhone News Round-Up: Free Cases Now Available, White iPhone 4 Delayed, T-Mobile This Fall?
- New Game Room Titles Delayed
- Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Confirmed for iPhone: First Screens
- 7 Nintendo DS/GBA Games That Would Make Great iPhone Games