According to the results of the Humble Indie Bundle that we told you about last weekend, gamers are willing to donate to charity and give a cut to developers as long as they are presented with a little incentive and the freedom to donate any amount they wish.
GamaSutra reports that the Humble Indie Bundle exploded when it went from simply $40,000 in contributions on May 4th to closing in on $700,000 this morning. The total number of contributions was around 82,000 and the average donation was $8.51.
While the bundle is still active for a few more days, it’s an excellent deal for just about any price. The bundle includes six games, and the ability to name your own price. All of the games are available on any major platform including Mac, Windows and Linux.
- Show Some Indie Love with the Humble Indie Bundle
- Humble Bundle for Android Adds Four New Games
- Console Gaming News: Kinect Walmart Bundle, New Xbox 360 Dashboard?, PS3 Move Bundle Announced
- New Xbox 360 Arcade Bundle Now Includes Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts and Viva Pinata
- Console News Round-Up: Kinect Bundle Announced and Plants vs Zombies for Xbox 360