Games.com has been hot on the trail of a rumored FarmVille accessory for some time, and has finally confirmed the hunch via direct inquiries to Zynga. In a statement on the FarmVille forums, Zynga has officially revealed the existence of the Hot Rod Tractor: A modified 1930s automobile with tractor tires, designed to plow plots of land in FarmVille — but unlockable by playing Mafia Wars, another of Zynga’s Facebook hits.
The premium item is only accessible to a select number of players thus far, but its mere existence opens the door to an entirely new form of meta-gaming. Will players of FarmVille be able to bury corpses from their mob exploits? Perhaps Playfish might join in the fun; I’ve long wished I could use my Country Story crops as ingredients for my Restaurant City empire.
- Zynga Plays the Cross-Promotion Card With Mafia Wars Vehicles in FarmVille
- Play Mafia Wars for Free Fuel in FarmVille
- 6th FarmVille-Themed Gift Plows into PetVille: Mini-Tractor
- Contest Reminder! Zynga + 7-Eleven = Free Stuff for FarmVille, Mafia Wars & YoVille
- Enter to Win! Zynga + 7-Eleven + Contest = Free Stuff for FarmVille, Mafia Wars & YoVille