The social network hi5 is expected to begin announcing plans to raise money for its efforts to become a social gaming platform. This news comes after late last year when hi5′s growth began declining and the company changed focus to become a social gaming company. The transformation would allow hi5 to generate revenue from virtual goods.
Since the social gaming announcement, hi5 has hired game industry veteran Alex St. John to help hi5 regain its focus on the movement. Alex has stated that having hi5 with a gaming focus will allow it to have an advantage over the current Facebook app platform.
- Hi5′s President Believes Facebook’s Social Gaming Days Are Numbered
- Casual Connect Round-Up: Family Feud Partners With WildTangent, hi5 Launches New Developer Portal
- The Latest Cross-Platform Gaming Company: SiXiTS
- Casual Gaming Round-Up: PlayFirst Officially Launches Chocolatier on Facebook, Big Fish Celebrates One Billion Downloads & hi5 Looks to Take on Facebook
- Vivaty Launches Social Gaming Platform, Eliminates Developer Headaches?