Last fall, Sony launched Facebook integration on the Playstation 3, allowing users to connect their PSN accounts with their Facebook accounts, to share news about earned trophies, store purchases and so on. The above was accomplished outside of any games, via the console’s main interface.
Now, thanks to an announcement on the Official Playstation Blog (as reported by Inside Social Games), the console’s first in-game Facebook integration has been created, and it’s found in Buzz: Quiz World.
To share any in-game information with Facebook, you’ll first have to sync your two accounts by heading to the Account Management portion of the Playstation 3′s menu, and follow the directions therein. Afterward, as stated on the blog post, you’ll be able to post information like “what place you finished in and what buzzer noises your friends used,” after you complete a game, with all of the information being presented as news posts on your wall and news feed.
- Starcraft II Promises Facebook, Battle.net Integration with Purpose
- PS3 Updated to Firmware 3.40, Adds Additional Facebook Features and PSN Plus
- Pandora: Now With Awesome Facebook Integration
- Zynga Announces Game Integration Deal with Yahoo!
- MySpace and Facebook Integration Coming to Microsoft Outlook