The fifth game in HipSoft’s popular Build-A-Lot series is now on the market, taking players back in time to Elizabethan England. The scenery has vastly changed, with period architecture and the ability to travel to a number of English locations like York, Bath, and London.
As with the previous Build-A-Lot games, players will be buying, selling, and improving real estate in a number of towns. Each level will have its own goals and sub-goals, as well its own particular setbacks. You will need to hire workers and farms to build and harvest, manage services like wells to maintain the health of your town and workers, and build amusements (like pubs or theaters) to keep folks happy. Buy, sell, and build in real time to maximize your financial gain and reach your goals quickly.
Fans of the series will be glad to hear that the game mechanics are fundamentally the same, so the learning curve is minor at best. Build-A-Lot: The Elizabethan Era is available on HipSoft’s site now for $19.95.
- FreeAppADay for 07/08/10: Build-A-Lot
- iPhone & iPad Review Round-Up: Osmos, Build-a-Lot 2, Reiner Knizia’s High Society
- New Social City Items: Queen Anne Home, Dirt Lot & More
- NearVerse: Cutting Back Your Bandwidth Use One Step at a Time
- Cafe World Travels Back in Time With New Jurassic Themed Items