NPR finally catches on to what we already know: Mobile games are popular, and Japanese people like to play them. Sony wants you to play with TV ads instead of fast-forward through or mute them. The Guardian issues their top 10 mobile game picks of the week. AndroidPolice gushes on the new game Jetpack Joyride, and asks a simple question: “Machine Gun Jetpack … need I say more?” And Forbes reports on an upcoming Facebook game from a TriplePoint client that challenges tradition, perception and potentially your computer’s GPU.
- Sony patents method of turning TV ads into interactive mini-games
- In Japan, mobile startups take gaming to next level
- 10 Best iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows Phone games this week
- Jetpack Joyride is everything a mobile game should be, plus robot dragons
- ‘Robot Rising’ will change your perception of Facebook games