Hitting the web today in gaming news: EA alleges Zynga copied their hit Sims game and files suit accordingly and TechCrunch reports on Google Ventures-backed MediaSpike’s effort to bring product sponsorship to social games. Also, German developer Gameforge enjoys the release of three new mobile games, Venture Beat wonders when mobile games’ big day will arrive, and Funcom’s The Secret World offers a free-to-play weekend.
- EA files copyright infringement suit against Zynga
- MediaSpike brings product sponsorships into social games
- Gameforge shifts focus from PC MMO players to mobile gamers
- The DeanBeat: How fat will the shift to huge growth for mobile games happen?
- Funcom’s MMO The Secret World will be F2P this weekend