So, Game Connection happened last week, which we mentioned. As one would hope, it was an event where people connected with games — as players, as publishers, and as promoters. TriplePoint client Connection Events has shared a few highlights that are connected to the event, including a record-breaking attendance…
A total of 1,650 attendees including 206 exhibitors and 240 certified buyers converged on the Sir Francis Drake Hotel to engage in concentrated networking, meetings, and lively conversations. The Meeting Application saw a total of 7,642 meetings confirmed.
…the [a]list awards for best game marketing efforts…
- Best Broadcast Campaign – ichi for THQ with Metro: Last Light
- Best Digital Campaign – TBWA/Gamelab for McDonald’s China with Angry Birds Magic in McDonald’s
- Best Print Campaign – Ayzenberg Group for Microsoft with Contre Jour pop-up press kit
- Best Experiential Campaign – iam8bit for Bethesda Softworks with Dishonored “Boyle Party”
- Best Mobile Campaign – Midnight Oil Creative for Square Enix with Tomb RaiderScavenger Hunt
- Best PR Campaign – Midnight Oil Creative for Ubisoft with Far Cry 3
- Best Social Media Campaign – Sandbox Strategies for Activision with Activision’s Family Game Summit
- Best Original Content Campaign – Armed Mind for Activision Blizzard with Call of Duty: Black Ops II “Rightful King” Kindle short story
- Best Overall Marketing Campaign – Midnight Oil Creative for Activision withSkylanders Giants
- Best Marketing Team of the Year – Midnight Oil Creative
…and the best project in the “Selected Projects” indie competition — a shady little game called Contrast.
Contrast was chosen for their approach to combining 3D and 2D platforming. Set in a world reminiscent of the roaring twenties, the game challenges players to navigate the 3D world with strategic use of 2D “shadow” form. The game also tasks players with manipulating light to discover new things in the world in the form of shadows. Contrastis originally scored drawing inspiration from early twentieth-century jazz music. The title is set for launch in Spring 2013 for PC on Steam.
You can connect with further details over here.