If you’re coming to San Francisco at the end of March, you’ll be sharing the city with a whole mess of game developers, publishers, journalists, advocates, and enthusiasts. Well… okay, that’s every day in San Francisco, but there will be more of them at the end of March for GDC and its related events, including Game Connection from TriplePoint client Connection Events. The list of speakers was announced today for Game Connection, and — perhaps unsurprisingly, given the direction of the industry — there’s a lot going on in the mobile space. Connection Events even has an app just for attendees to schedule their on-site meetings. See, it’s a mobile app so a mobile app developer can meet with mobile publishers at a mobile-centric event, using a mobile device. All that’s left is for someone to broadcast a Wi-Fi signal from a car that circles the hotel; they can call it the mobile-mobile.
For the curious, here are the announced panels relevant to you mobile magnates:
Mobile User Acquisition: Then, Now, and Later
- Moderator: Chris Akhavan, Senior VP of Global Partnerships at Tapjoy
- Marco DeMiroz, CEO of Playfirst
- Jean-Paul Sanday, Director of User Acquisition & Growth at Kiwi
- Tricia Bertero, CMO of Gogii
- Nick Ross, Director of Analytics at TinyCo
The Future of Social Games
- Moderator: Erik Bethke, CEO of Bee Cave Games
- Tommy Palm, Mobile Guru of King.com
- Clive Downie, CEO of the Americas and Europe at DeNA Co., Ltd
- Jeffrey Tseng, CEO and Co-founder of CrowdStar
- Sebastian Kriese, Corporate Development Manager at Wooga
Mobile Games: What’s Next?
- Moderator: Oscar Clark, Evangelist at Applifier
- Jason Loia, COO of Digital Chocolate
- Michael Schade, CEO of Fishlabs Entertainment
If I don’t see you at the event, it’s cool, we can meet up later next to the Mobil station.