Yesterday, FunClick, the developer of WPT Texas Hold ‘Em Poker on Facebook announced a new charity event being held this week in the game to raise awareness about Multiple Sclerosis (MS) research.
The event is appropriately entitled Chips for Charity, as it gives players the (voluntary) opportunity to purchase $5 (real money) premium chip packages, which contain 75,000 game chips. This isn’t a case where only a portion of the proceeds go to help the cause, no sir – 100% of proceeds earned through the week-long promotion will go straight to the National MS Society and MS Hope for a Cure.
If the promotion manages to raise $50,000, all players will receive a special avatar item in order to not only say thank you for the contributions, but also to raise awareness so that further members may wish to join in helping the cause in honor of World Multiple Sclerosis Day on May 26.
We salute the efforts of the National MS Society and MS Hope for a Cure and are therefore very proud to encourage charitable poker players to donate to multiple sclerosis research,” said Dave Smiddy, VP & General Manager of FunClick, via a company press release. “Because of its viral nature, social gaming has a great potential for social good. We hope fans of WPT Texas Hold ‘Em Poker on the Facebook Platform will jump on the bandwagon and help raise money and awareness.”
- WPT Texas Hold ‘Em Poker Comes to Facebook
- WPT Texas Hold ‘Em Poker Launches Boot Camp Facebook Promotion
- WPT Texas Hold ‘Em on Facebook Now Offers Shootout and Sit-and-Go Tournaments
- Frisky Interview: Hands-On Bets on Facebook with WPT Texas Hold ‘Em (Part 1)
- Frisky Interview: Pay-to-Play Poker Merges with Facebook in WPT Hold ‘Em (Part 2)