The newly launched FourWhere takes two existing services and combines them into one. Think Foursquare and Google Maps put into a melting pot and you have FourWhere. Essentially, it allows users to comment on locations on Google Maps with tips or conversation.
I could see this coming as a nice feature for events such as SXSW and the such allowing people to talk to others in the same location or just simply pointing out which lunch spot is best. I haven’t really seen a search based on maps done well so maybe this is one to get it right. As of right now, the service pulls from Foursquare and is only looking to expand that in the future.
- Motorola Dropping Google Maps for Skyhook in their Android Devices
- Googleify Your Fascinate & Google Maps Walking Navigation: Android News
- Facebook Pages App Launches & Unofficial Instant Google Maps: Social Sunday
- Location-Based Meta Games Are Catching On
- BOOYAH! Google Places Finds Its First Partner