Do you remember about 30 years ago when the local repair shop meant something? I don’t really but MediaBistro does and explains it much better than I ever could. Back then we, as a society, tended to be more of a do-it-yourself (DIY) society where if something could be repaired, it would be. While we are still most likely that way with very expensive items such as cars and houses, we are not so much this way anymore.
The iPad is the latest example of this replacing trend with the battery replacement program they have set in place which charges $99 + shipping for a refurbished iPad. I’m assuming Apple just won’t throw out your old one but it does cement that this society certainly has changed and it looks like there is no going back to the old days of DIY.
- Eat Wendy’s, Collect Pac-Man Toys, Forget to Bring Children
- Forget Poking – Punch Your Facebook Friends Instead
- Forget to Feed Your Fish in FishVille? In-Game Medicine Can Save Their Lives
- Forget Clowns – Games2U Vans are the Ultimate in Birthday Party Entertainment
- Expand Your Pet Society Living Quarters with a Tree House