I’m not sure that TriplePoint client Focus Home Interactive understands how DLC is supposed to work. If done correctly, DLC is meant to supply the company with a nice big pile of nickels and dimes that they can roll around in while laughing at their customers. By releasing the first piece of DLC for Wargame: European Escalation for free, they’re completely failing to gouge anybody! I mean, what are they even getting from their customers — good will and loyalty? You can’t roll around in those!
And look at all of the stuff they’re giving away, entirely for free:
- 7 New Multiplayer Maps
- New AI Type
- New “Flare” Communication System
AND the game is on sale for 40% off on Steam. I… I just don’t understand your business model, Focus Home. I thought I knew you.
- TrackMania Wii Launch Trailer from Focus Home Interactive
- Focus Home Launches a Pair of Sites with a Bunch of Screens
- Frisky Hands-On: Big Blue Bubble Launches Home Sweet Home Online on Facebook
- Wargame: European Escalation Has Even More Too Many Units
- Ubisoft Expands Focus in Digital Game Publishing