According to Gamezebo, Playrix Entertainment’s flagship Fishdom franchise is going social. The Facebook adaptation of the popular match-3/aquarium sim is slated to hit Facebook on March 5 (thanks to Games.com for the heads-up), with versions planned later on for MySpace and the popular Russian social network Vkontakte as well.
Playrix’s President, Products, Igor Bukhman has confirmed that the Facebook version of Fishdom will not be a match-3. Instead, Playrix is pulling out the aquarium simulation part of the original Fishdom and making that the sole focus of the Facebook game, letting players create and care for a fish tank full of colorful tropical creatures, plants and decorative accessories.
To give you a feel for the fishy Facebook game, here’s the Fishdom trailer:
Playrix also confirmed with Gamezebo that Fishdom will use some form of micro-transactions. Players will be able to purchase unique and exclusive content, such as decorative items, fish and aquarium environments.
- FishVille Cheats, Tips, Tricks, Bonuses and Strategies for Aquarium Sim Success
- Happy Aquarium Gives Away Free Gold Vase as Part of Fan Appreciation Week
- Gamezebo Gets Going on Facebook, iPhone and New Social Game Coverage
- Buy Mother’s Day Flowers, Receive Facebook Credits in Happy Aquarium
- GameZebo Giving Away New Dark Parables Game