As we outlined to you last month, Konami is looking to begin pushing the classic Castlevania franchise on the iPhone with the puzzle game Castlevania Puzzle: Encore of the Night. The game is being billed as an “action-puzzle RPG” and appears similar to games like Puzzle Quest and Super Puzzle Fighter.
For being a simple puzzle game on the surface, it appears to have plenty of style and that Castlevania atmosphere. You still play as Alucard who must fight numerous creatures on his quest to find Dracula, his father and kill him. TouchArcade hopes that there is more to the game than what is currently shown and I’m sure there are plenty of other gamers that are thinking the same thing. The trailer is embedded below.
- E3 2010: Castlevania Puzzle: Encore of the Night Hands-On (iPhone)
- What is an iPhone? A Miserable Little Puzzle of Castlevania!
- iPhone Review Round-Up: StarDunk, Castlevania Puzzle, Doodle God
- FreeAppADay for 06/12/10: Puzzle Quest – Chapters 1 & 2
- D3Publisher Releases New Screens and Trailer for Puzzle Quest 2