Every year at the Game Developers Conference, the Game Developers Choice Awards acknowledges the best games in the business, whether they be mainstream or otherwise. This year saw the addition of a new category in the form of “Best New Social/Online Game.”
As if you really had to question which game came out on top, Zynga’s FarmVille won the award, with apparently little competition. It’s no surprise, as the game is Facebook’s most popular game, topping over 83 million players a month, and recently, more than 32 million players a day.
“It’s funny that we’re at this part of the show, and we feel big and established, but two years ago we were sitting around in a crappy little room,” says Mark Skaggs, FarmVille General Manager, as reported by Games.com.
Congratulations Zynga. I’m sure millions of gamers will agree when I say you deserved it.
- GDC Online To Host First Annual Game Developers Choice Online Awards
- Take on the Scion Machine Online, Applifier Opens to All Developers – Social News
- Dolphins Join Ultimate Fan on Facebook, GDC Online Awards Fan Voting – Social News
- Social Game “Whales” Important For Game Developers
- 7 Ways Console Game Developers Could Be More Social