The news, as reported by Gamasutra, comes from a talk at the Game Developers Conference (GDC) in San Diego, at which Amitt Mahajan, lead developer of the game, revealed the statistic, along with a few facts many of us are likely unaware of.
First, the game came to fruition only five weeks after first being conceived. At the time, the game’s team was made up of six web developers, two artists, and three designers. Their hard work paid off, as the game reached a user-base of 18,000 members in its first 24 hours. Move to four days after launch, and the number had grown to over 1 million.
The game has apparently been installed over 110 million times, and as you can see from Facebook’s stats alone, is currently played by over 83 million users a month.
While the official number of daily users still sits at 31 million, Mahajan is confident in claiming the extra million, and assures all that the number continues to grow.
- Digital Chocolate Reaches One Million Players on Facebook
- FarmVille Loses 4.4 Million Players – Are More on Their Way Out?
- FarmVille Loses 7.7 Million Players in the Month of May
- FarmVille Weekend Wrap-Up: New Podcast Hints at Garage for Vehicles, FarmVille Sheep Reaches 2 Million Fans
- FarmVille Celebrates Crunchie Award Win with Special Statue, Reaches 10 Million Fans