A while back, we brought you the story that the Facebook Credits system was starting to tread new ground, using the virtual gift currency in new venues like social game transactions. Now, Inside Facebook has cleverly noticed that the network has posted a job listing for a Payment Operations Strategist. Specifically, Facebook would like to hire a founding member of a new “Payment Operations” team, to “design tools and systems to serve our hundreds of millions of users and our ever-growing base of advertisers.”
Facebook mentions in the posting that this new team and its projects may “potentially contribute millions of dollars to Facebook’s business,” so whether it’s an expansion of the existing virtual goods sales, or the predicted new payment systems for Facebook Apps in general, something big is brewing.
Seriously, though, Facebook: “Facebook Credits?” You’ve got a gem like “Facebucks” staring you right in the face, and you don’t jump on it? Come on!
- PopCap and Nexon Utilizing Sometrics for Free In-Game Currency
- Social Game Currency Crowdsources Payments: Real Work, Fake Money
- Facebook Credits: Uniform Virtual Currency for Social Games
- CrowdStar Adopts Facebook Credits as Sole Currency in Five-Year Agreement
- Zynga Reintroducing “Offers” for Game Currency