As part of a plan to promote Facebook credits, if you go to the “Games” dashboard on Facebook you’ll see a gray box at the top that offers you five Facebook credits if you click the “continue” button, install CrowdStar’s city-building game Hello City, and go through the tutorial.
After you complete all those steps (less than a minute all-together if you’re simply focused on the credits), you’ll be prompted to collect your five Facebook credits. The game smartly offers you three different items that conveniently cost five credits a piece, if you’re wanting to buy something in Hello City.
As Inside Facebook reports, Facebook had this to say about the promotion:
As part of our ongoing efforts to educate people about Facebook Credits, we’re working with CrowdStar to promote Hello City, a city building simulation game that makes it easy to get started with Credits quickly. Through recent updates, such as making the Credits balance more prominent on the right side of application pages, and marketing and seeding programs, our intent is to acquaint people with Credits and create more opportunities for game developers.
Better get it while the gettin’ is good.
- Rixty Offering Free Facebook Credits Promotion at Coinstar
- Hello City Offers 5 Facebook Credits to Email Subscribers
- Facebook News Wrap-Up: Free Facebook Credits for Playing Games, Bit.ly Links Now Working Again
- CrowdStar Adopts Facebook Credits as Sole Currency in Five-Year Agreement
- Target Stores First to Sell Facebook Credits Gift Cards