According to data from Hitwise (as reported by Inside Facebook), Facebook now receives 7.07% of all internet visits in the Unites States on a daily basis, taking the crown from Google, which brings in 7.03% of all visits.
While Google’s web dominance has been fairly steady over the last year, Facebook has grown by leaps and bounds, raising from less than 3% of the market share to its current figure.
Here’s a visual comparison for those who are interested:
- Google Invests $100 Million in Zynga, Google Games Launching Soon
- Facebook More Popular Than Google; Games are to Blame
- Happy 6th Birthday, Facebook! Love, 400 Million Users.
- Google TV Brings Farmville (And Other Facebook Games) to Your TV
- The Facebook Phone & Google Voice’s Return: Mobile News Sunday