At the F8 Developer Conference next month, Facebook is planning on releasing a truckload of information to the third party developers that work hard on their platform. As with a lot of planned secrets though, they don’t always work out as planned. The current leaked secret is that in the new Facebook API, they will allow content creators to add a “Like” button to any piece of content.
Sounds like a very smart move on Facebook’s part because it will bring a ton of content to Facebook without the need to index like Google or other search engines. This is also a smart move for content creators as well because it allows easy sharing of their content over the hundreds upon millions of eyes glued to Facebook every day.
- Facebook Axes “Fans”, Prefers “Likes”
- Facebook News Wrap-Up: Facebook Publishers Can Contact Likers, Applications Bookmarked Automatically, Most Recent Going Away?
- Crowdstar Asks: What Is Your Favorite Thing About Zoo Paradise?
- Facebook Improves Search Footprint, Partners With Eventbrite
- The Next Big Thing Bringing Back Classic PC Adventuring