There have been quite a few stories in the world of casual console and iPhone games, with two stories offering particular interest to us here at Frisky Mongoose. The first sees a franchise-wide sale on all Dr. Seuss iPhone/iPad apps, while the other sees Atari announcing a new “zen” title for console and PC.
Dr. Seuss Apps 50% Off For Limited Time
In honor of the 50th anniversary of Dr. Seuss’s Green Eggs & Ham, Oceanhouse Media is dropping the price of their entire lineup of Dr. Seuss iPhone/iPod/iPad apps by 50% for a limited time.
The sale contains a whopping 17 titles, ranging from eBooks to camera apps to children’s games. Here’s the list, along with handy links to iTunes for your shopping pleasure. The sale will only be on for a limited time, so make sure to stock up on these apps while the sale is on! Note: All links are to iPhone versions.
- Green Eggs and Ham eBook
- The Cat in the Hat eBook
- Dr. Seuss’s ABC eBook
- One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish eBook
- Yertle the Turtle eBook
- Hop On Pop eBook
- The Lorax eBook
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas! eBook
- Oh, the Places You’ll Go! eBook
- Gertrude McFuzz eBook
- The Big Brag eBook
- Dr. Seuss Camera – The Cat in the Hat Edition
- Dr. Seuss Camera – The Grinch Edition
- Up With A Fish! kid’s game
- Lorax Garden kid’s game
- Grinchmas! kid’s game
- Dr. Seuss Senders card deck
Atari Announces The UnderGarden, Coming This Fall
The game is a puzzle exploration title that challenges players with traveling through beautiful underground caverns that are filled with strange lifeforms, hidden areas and secrets, and of course, puzzles (of the physics-based variety).
The game world will come to life and evolve (along with the music) as players traverse more and more of the caverns. The game will offer local co-op gameplay, along with the traditional single-player experience. The UnderGarden will contain 20 different levels of exploration, each of which is said to give off an “emotional response,” says Atari.
“The UnderGarden offers gamers a distinctive and alternative take on the puzzle genre,” says Jim Wilson, President of Atari, via a company press release. “With soothing music and eco-friendly elements,The UnderGarden will take players on an underwater journey that will relax and rejuvenate their minds.”
The UnderGarden will be released at the price of $9.99. We’ll be sure to bring you more news about the game as it becomes available.
- Eye-Candy for the Casual Gamer: Oceanhouse Releases New Trio of Dr. Seuss eBooks, New Trailer for MicroVolts
- Oceanhouse Media Releases New Trio of Dr. Seuss iPhone Games
- Atari’s Greatest Hits on DS, Ivy the Kiwi on Wii/DS – Casual Gaming Round-Up
- Atari Announces New Installment in Backyard Sports Line of Casual Sports Games
- Casual Gaming Round-Up: MicroVolts Beta Details, Skelanimals Dance Party on Sale, Sega Announces More Genesis Classics