As the name suggests, the game combines the survival-horror aspects of Doom II with those of a turn-based RPG. The game retains the franchise’s first-person, dungeon crawler perspective, and carries it through nine maps where players will encounter enemies, and find items that will boost their stats among other features.
Being an RPG, the game is rather lengthy, especially for an iPhone title, clocking in at around eight hours. Finger Gaming has graciously posted the game’s full list of features – check them out below:
- Battle through 9 maps, spanning the Moon, Earth, and Hell itself. Over 8 hours of gameplay!
- Choose from 3 playable characters, each with different starting attributes and dialogue experiences
- Over a dozen unique weapons to find, plus improvised weapons such as Sentry Bots or even plumbing fixtures
- Eleven different enemy types—each with multiple, increasingly-powerful forms—plus four bosses
- Upgradeable skill attributes allow you to customize your character for maximum lethality
- Hack security systems to open restricted areas, hijack sentry bots, or lower prices on vending machines.
- Power up using Nano Drinks to give you an edge in combat
- Interact with NPCs to get information, solve puzzles and survive the hazardous environment
- Loot the corpses of your foes to find useful items—or junk.
- Auto-mapping feature and mission-tracking PDA functions ensure you’ll never be lost again
- Customizable controls; change the size, style, and placement of the control inputs
- Three levels of difficulty will give players of all skill levels a challenge
- Detailed graphics and complex levels which take advantage of the power of the iPhone
- Bonus digital comic included!