Whether it’s the announcement of new content, or a new game, we’ve got you covered for the latest in iPhone gaming news. Today, we’re going to discuss the new content now available for Chuck Gnome from Triplepoint Client Movable Sprites along with the official release date that is now set for Virtual City on iPhone.
Chuck Gnome Gets Awesome New Content
We’ve already covered the basics of Chuck Gnome in detail, and the developers promised new content coming soon. Now, this new content has been delivered in the form of a new episode, new mini-game, new achievements, new targets and new music.
This new episode is called “Tomb of the Pharaoh” and has Chuck traveling to ancient Egypt complete with Anubis statues and the Sphinx. Bat Attack!, the new min-game has Chuck launching himself into a spooky world with Vampire Bats and dragons galore.
“We added the graphical indicators because it was the most requested feature from our fans,” said Steve Tompkins, Co-founder of Movable Sprites. “We know our fans will enjoy this new episode and we hope they continue to share their feedback so we can keep delivering what they want.”
This new content is free to download if you previously purchased the game, just update the App in the App Store. If you don’t own Chuck Gnome, you can grab it here while it’s still on sale for a limited time for 99¢.
Virtual City Lands A Release Date
Virtual City is coming soon, very soon to the App Store. Last week, we told you that G5 had submitted it to Apple for review, and now it seems that there is a firm release date on the game for the iPhone. September 4th for $2.99. The $2.99 price will be for a limited time only, however.
When the full version releases, the features it will contain are:
- Support of iPhone 4 Retina Display
- 50 Challenging Levels in 5 Settings: Colorado, California, Michigan, Montana, New York
- 18 Distinct Mission Scenarios
- More Than 50 Types of Buildings
- 25 Types of Goods to Transport and Trade
- 7 Production Chains to Master
- 16 Special Achievements to Earn
- Tens of Upgrades and Buildings to Unlock
- Free Play Mode with 5 Large Sand Box Maps is going to be available shortly after the release of the Premium version, with the next free update.
We’ll keep you posted with our hands-on impressions when the game releases.