Popular casual game producer Oberon Media has announced today that they are now going social in the future for their games. As of now they are one of the top producers of casual games with their in-house network marketplace.
Most likely due to the competition of the popular social games that romp Facebook and other sites, Oberon is looking to grab that audience that used to try and buy games on their marketplace. The features Oberon are looking to their games are friends lists, achievements and also suggest games. Facebook will be the glue that will connect these features which will make it easy to use if you already have a Facebook Connect.
The first games with these features are City Sights: Hello Seattle and Paradise Quest. Within the next quarter they will release the SDK for all of their developers.
- Casual Connect Round-Up Part 2: Oberon Announces Blaze, Silicon Sisters Interactive Announces Formation
- The Casual Gamer Has Gone Social
- Android Getting a Big Gaming Push From Oberon
- From E3 to Casual Connect: When Hardcore Meets Social Gaming
- Social, Casual or Both? PopCap Sells Cows, Gives Away Free Milk