This week’s new release Blur appears to have taken a hint or two out of my list of ‘ways developers could be more social‘ as they have decided to integrate certain aspects of the game into Facebook. Both Bizzare Creations and Activision announced the move concerning Facebook integration this past Friday.
In the announcement, they said that players will be able to challenge friends from Facebook and ‘Share’ achievements from within the game with your Facebook wall. Along with simple wall posts, you will also be able to post in-game photos, stats and unlockable content to your profile.
Activision’s CEO Robert Kotick stated that Blur is taking the next step by being the first multiplatform game to offer Facebook integration. “The Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC will be able to link their console gameplay to their network of friends,” he also said.
- Starcraft II Promises Facebook, Battle.net Integration with Purpose
- Here’s Our First In-Game Facebook Integration on the PS3
- Social Point’s Social Park on Facebook: Frisky Hands-On Video
- Frisky Hands-On: Social Point’s “Social Park” on Facebook
- Facebook Pages App Launches & Unofficial Instant Google Maps: Social Sunday