The developer behind the famed Just Cause series of open world sandbox games, Avalanche Studios, has decided to take a crack at the casual online-game with their new division labeled Expansive Worlds. Expansive’s first title is theHunter, a free-to-play hunting game which is played within your browser.
Avalanche has stated that Expansive Worlds will mainly work on “Community-driven subscription-based titles” while Avalanche Studios themselves will continue work on their console and PC based titles. Although, the games Expansive Worlds will develop are going to use the same engine as Avalanche’s hot Just Cause 2. It seems everyone is looking to jump on the casual online game trend so it seems like a good, smart move on Avalanches part.
- Paper Giant Studios Announces First Game
- Casual Gaming Companies Dominate List of “Bankable” Studios
- Accelerando Studios Wants to Help Bring Your Music to Rock Band
- Triple Hippo Studios Releases The Tarot’s Misfortune Exclusively on Big Fish Games
- Chinese Developer Offers the Best of All Worlds With Happy Farm 2