The game is called Backyard Sports: Rookie Rush, and it allows children to once again step into the shoes of their favorite characters like Pablo, Dmitri, and Joey. There are 12 neighborhood fields to choose from, with many of them representing specific characters. The game contains a “My Backyard” mode as well, that will allow children to unlock items and design and create their own customized backyard.
The story in the game focuses on the game’s main characters and their introduction to a new kid on the block. They must overcome their differences and work together in order to succeed in the big football tournament happening in town.
Backyard Sports: Rookie Rush contains power-ups like Banana Peels, Deep Freeze and Leap Frog, and also offers five new mini-games, like target practice. Children will be able to customize their characters to represent themselves more adequately, while learning the rules of football in the series’ famous wholesome environment.
Backyard Sports: Rookie Rush is coming to the Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS this October. Check out Atari’s official trailer for the game below, to see more of what your kids can expect should they dive into the game this fall.
- Dr. Seuss Apps 50% Off, Atari Announces The UnderGarden – Casual Round-Up
- Nintendo Announces Black Console, Adds Wii Sports Resort and MotionPlus to Standard Bundle
- Atari’s Greatest Hits on DS, Ivy the Kiwi on Wii/DS – Casual Gaming Round-Up
- Sports Video Games Linked To Physical Activity
- Majesco to Release Martha Stewart Line of Games