As reported by GamesBeat, Apple has hired IGN editor Matt Casamassina to being writing editorial content concerning iPhone and iPad games in the App Store.
Casamassina has written for IGN for the past 13 years, so now, when a weary gamer looks to the App Store’s content to find out which new or even older games they should give a try, they will have a seasoned, experienced voice there to guide them.
He described his new position in a recent blog post “In a nutshell, I will be leading the charge for games on the AppStore, so whether you browse through iTunes, iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad, the games content you see will be handpicked and organized by me and my team.”
Casamassina spent years focusing more on Nintendo’s consoles than anything else, but spent the last year as IGN’s editor-at-large, and it will be interesting to see how he tackles this new role.
- Google Takes First Step Into Games Business, Hires Games Boss
- Office Heroes Hires 300,000 & Chillingo’s New Crystal Games: iPhone Game News
- Apple’s New Game Center to Be More Than Just ‘Facebook’ For Games
- Mobile Users Viewed Olympics Content to the Tune of 87M Page Views
- Kindle Launches Games & Apple Fixing iPhone Jailbreak Hole – Mobile News