So, the three-billionth anniversary is… what, mega-platinum? A solid gold human? Unobtainium? Does it roll back to paper or silver at some point? Spotted over at FingerGaming, Apple has just announced that it has broken the 3,000,000,000 mark for downloads from its App Store. This includes both free and paid downloads, naturally, but still — that’s a healthy sum, and enough to keep iPhone owners and developers confident that the device isn’t slowing down.
The number of available apps is somewhere north of 115,000, adding up to some very impressive audiences for the top downloads. I have some 30 apps on my own iPhone, giving me a respectable 0.000001% of that figure. It’s nice to feel included.
- Gameloft Reaches 10 Million App Downloads
- Casual Gaming Round-Up: PlayFirst Officially Launches Chocolatier on Facebook, Big Fish Celebrates One Billion Downloads & hi5 Looks to Take on Facebook
- iFarm Reaping Rewards of iPhone App Store
- Fuse Aims to De-Confuse iPhone App Store
- Tetris Clears 100 Million Paid Mobile Downloads