Pocket God, which is the best selling iPhone app of all time, is in itself an episodic game that allows users to control the very lives of a group of pygmy islanders, with the game’s segmented structure speaking well to the idea of comic books.
As of right now, a four-part mini-series of comics is set to be released based on the game, with Ape Entertainment’s partner iVerse Media handling the comics’ digital distribution. The digital versions should be released before the standard print version, but a full collected trade paperback is also expected to be released.
To help spread the world about the physical copies of the comics, each digital download will include a store locator for users to find a local real world comic shop that carries the products.
- Pocket God Comic Book Hits Digital Deities August 3
- Pocket God’s Tragic Comics are the Best Ever
- Music to an iPhone Pygmy’s Ears – The Pocket God Update Song
- Pocket God Comic, Office Heroes, HexaLex, Thumb Wars & Sketch Nation: TriplePoint Tuesday
- Pocket God Releases Episode 30: “Great Job Ice Hole!”