After much anticipation and delay after delay, I am happy to report that Motorola Droid owners should be receiving the Android 2.1 update either now or within the next week. Verizon is currently pushing the Android 2.1 update to their popular and heavily marketed Droid phone and it comes with a host of improvements and features:
- Pinch-to-zoom in the browser, photo gallery, and Google Maps
- The new weather and news widget
- Support for voice-to-text entry in any text input field
- Live Wallpapers
- Support for Yahoo Mail
As a happy Droid owner myself, I am pleased to report that all of the features work as well as promised and the phone appears to be a bit snappier with the update.
- HTC Droid Incredible The Next Big Android Phone?
- Android News Wrap-Up: Nook App Releases, Android 2.1 Dominant, Droid X Screen Issues
- Android News Wrap-Up: Goodbye Nexus One, Droid Incredible Update, How to Change Software Keyboards
- Angry Birds Beta & R2-D2 Droid 2: Android News Round-Up
- Slide to Jailbreak Your iPhone 4, Droid Getting Android 2.2 This Week, Your Phone As A Credit Card: Mobile Monday Madness!