We weren’t initially sure before whether After Earth the mobile game was going to come out after After Earth the movie, but it’s out today, before tomorrow’s movie release, so After Earth is out before After Earth. You’re welcome to play After Earth before or after you see After Earth, but you may be kicked out if it’s during After Earth.
Still, if you’re unsure, before you buy the game you can check out a new gameplay trailer, and make your call after that. It’s after this sentence.
From the press release:
After Earth the mobile game features:
- Story Mode: race to beat 20 challenging missions and unlock secret levels in an all-new story inspired by the motion picture
- Run, glide, zipline, and freefall through treacherous environments
- Infinite Mode: explore dangerous yet beautiful environments while honing your skills: how far will you make it?
- Fight human and alien enemies and encounter epic boss battles that take the endless runner genre to the next level
- Experience life as a Ranger: don the Lifesuit, hop on your SkipJack and fight off assailants with the use of a Ranger’s greatest weapon, the Cutlass – an elegant and versatile weapon with 22 different configurations
A runner with boss battles. You heard me.