FarmVille players now have to make an extra click when en route to their farms. Note that this interstitial ad will still pop up, even if you’ve already bookmarked FarmVille on your Facebook toolbar and befriended the FV fan page…
I have to expect we’ll see third-party ads in that spot before long, or hope that Zynga will fix the preacing-to-the-choir glitch soon. Still, no biggie compared to today’s news regarding a class-action lawsuit against Facebook and Zynga for offer-based advertising.
And speaking of pop-up ads, apparently mobsters are taking a bite out of the Big Apple this week in Mafia Wars:
- Playdom Secures Advertising Deal with WildTangent
- WildTangent’s BrandBoost Ad Platform Will Change Advertising in Social Games
- Zynga Gaming Updates: Free FarmVille Fuel Via Mafia Wars, FishVille Bayou Items
- FarmVille Gearhead Ribbon, Frontier Chainsaw, & More – Zynga Game Updates!
- Zynga Sells Virtual Goods for Haiti Relief