Another day, another tidbit of nice gaming news with a headline that writes itself. TriplePoint client Hothead Games finally has something we can all agree on! Zombie Ace, the publisher’s proof that zombie-ism is an airborne virus, has a big fat content update today, including the game’s addition to GREE, a global mobile social noble bauble. Er, I mean, platform. Social platform. On your mobile device.
Look, if I can stop myself from engaging in wordplay for five seconds, I’m trying to tell you that Zombie Ace is on GREE now, which means you can challenge your friends’ scores, get friend-based bonuses, and a bunch of other stuff. Here’s a list of the new content from the press release:
- A comic strip story introduction highlighting Zombie Ace’s undead mission
- Tutorial level to help first time players get started
- Super fast jet fighter plane with unlimited fuel to reach distant cities
- Scoring system for eliminating enemy planes, completing quests (please confirm), and infecting neighboring cities
- Leaderboards to allow players to compare scores with friends
- “Friend Take Down” feature to get bonus points by catching up to friends’ planes
- Brain Scratchers for a better chance win your favorite power ups
- More scratch cards and bucks available per day
- GREE friend bonuses by inviting friends to play and receive currency to improve your plane and crew
So, let’s all agree to not diss a GREE. I don’t think they’d appreciate that.