It’s as I’ve said before — the most underrated use of a friends list is keeping track of who you could take in a fight. In this case, it’s a gunfight: The game is Brave Arms, and its developer, 3G Studios, is calling it a “social shooter.” Intended to be played exclusively on Facebook, Brave Arms is “about fast-paced action and either competing against or forming teams with your friends,” according to a press release from 3G.
The game promises to be 3D, and to allow personalized avatars, and claims that one will be able to spend game points on “various items” from the Brave Arms Store. No word on what those items will be, but as a social game, one assumes there will be avatar outfits and accessories, and possibly weapons and power-ups.
Brave Arms is taking sign-ups now for a public beta to start soon.
- Social Gaming News Odds & Ends: Facebook Redesign, Brave Arms, Tiny Town, City of Eternals, Xbox Live
- School Your Friends in University of You on Facebook
- Ubisoft Launches Horse Gaga on Facebook
- Battle Defenders Launches, Brings Both Battling and Defending to Facebook
- Fantasy Football Hits Facebook, Courtesy of Sports Illustrated